Friday, January 1, 2010

Yea, I said it...again!

Before anyone every thought of me as a beauty queen...they thought of me as a sports reporter, well kind of.

I am an aspiring sports reporter (I'm on NewsVision and SportsDesk at the University of Miami, along with being the station manager of UMTV). Last spring semester I took Michelle Kaufman's sports journalism class. As a class we kept a blog.

As many Washingtonians may remember Gilbert Arenas was hurt last year, and promising to come back every 5 seconds. He was the boy that cried basketball constantly. So now in the wake of his gun "incident" and general bat $h!t attitude I'd like to reprise my favorite blog post from March 13th 2009.

Ladies and Gents, I bring you...Gilbert Arenas is a terrorist :-)

Wtf?

Yea I said it Gilbert Arenas is a terrorist who has the Wizards by the gonads.

I'm a born and raised Washingtonian and I have always loved the Wizards (I actually just got back from a game a few minutes ago). I remember when Arenas first came, he rode his bike through Rock Creek Park and took orphans into his home. And then something happened and he lost his cotton-picking-mind...he had a huge birthday blowout. Ever since then he's been putting his baby momma out, and acting like he's to good for DC.

Ok, granted he may be injured, but why toy with our emotions and tell us Washingtonians you're coming back, and then disappear on us. Its sad enough we don't have Haywood, Thomas, Stephenson, and as of tonight Butler...but seriously, just tell Pollin straight up, "I'm just not that into you anymore." We can take it, we got through 8 years of living in the same city as George Bush, we can get through anything. Its sad no one in the arena knows who the heck is on the court because we have so many throw away players.

Just tell it to us straight Gilbert...its not you its DC.

I hope you all enjoyed that as much as I did...and I know with his behavior he'll give me plenty of material.

XOXO,

MacKenzie

1 comment: