Friday, April 27, 2012

Back Down The Rabbit Hole

When I first start this blog it was to chronicle what I felt was my unlikely journey to Miss USA as Miss District of Columbia USA 2010 (it's still weird that I can attach that title to my name, I keep thinking that year was a dream haha).
In the months leading up to passing on my crown and for a few months afterward I swore to anyone that would listen, and I mean anyone including the barista at Starbucks, that I would not do another pageant.  And believe me that lie worked for a while until my heart finally caught up with my misinformed brain.
I loved every nano second as my job as Miss DC USA.  I loved meeting all of the new people, touching people in the city and beyond, and acting as an ambassador to the city that made me the woman I am.  The perfect storm of wanting to pursue an MBA (which is expensive), falling back in love with playing bassoon (more on that later), and wanting to make my city proud, led to me submitting a form to compete for a finalist spot at Miss District of Columbia 2012.
I performed The Toreadors' Song from Bizet's Carmen on bassoon, which is difficult when you are turning an aria in to a bassoon piece, and had to do a short interview.  Long story short (my favorite obnoxious phrase of all time...thanks South Park), I am a finalist for Miss District of Columbia 2012.
So let's recap quickly...
My first pageant EVER was Miss DC USA,
My second pageant EVER was Miss USA,
Now my third pageant ever in life is going to be for a state title to potentially make my fourth pageant ever Miss America. (I just laughed at myself for how insane and awesome that sounds)
I apologize for abandoning this blog, but I promise that I will take you with me on this wacky sequel of preparation in the weeks leading up to Miss DC 2012.
So now I ask you to picture some awesome kind of Lethal Weapon explosion happening behind me as I walk down a desolate street with Vin Diesel and The Rock on either side.  I pass a glance to each, put sunglasses on, and say  in my best Horatio Cane voice...
Here We Go Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment