Saturday, October 11, 2014

Somewhere between Eeyore and Tigger

Should show this to a few people
Recently I was talking to a friend of mine.  We met while we were Riordan fellows, and we've been on this MBA journey together.
He asked how the application process was going.  I'm 7 apps submitted, and 2 more to go over the next week...yes I am applying to 9 schools.
One of the schools is Harvard Business School.  HBS is the most prestigious brand in the bschool game (I won't even venture in to going on about rankings, perception, etc.).  HBS sent out around 800 interview invites on October 8th, and the remaining 150 invites and dismissal emails go out on the 15th.  I didn't get an email on the 8th...
The waiting game for business school is nerve wrecking.  When my buddy asked me about how I was doing recently, my answer...I'm somewhere between Eeyore and Tigger. I swing between wildly hopeful, optimistic, and excited, to anxious, discouraged, and pessimistic.  Every time I hit submit on an app it's exhilarating and thrilling, only to be followed by sheer panic 15 minutes later...I get submitters remorse.
I'm sure I'm not the only person applying to business school feeling these emotions, but I feel like no one admits it.  So I'm willing to say it...applying to business school is wonderful and terrifying, but I know ultimately it's worth the risk.  So I will keep pushing forward with persistence and strength, and I know ultimately I will end up where I belong.

Next week I head to Hanover, NH for my Tuck interview, so I will be sure to chronicle that trip.

XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment