Sunday, February 16, 2014

Guess Who's Back

You may or may not have noticed that I changed the name of the blog.

I'm a firm believer in reincarnation, especially when it comes to branding.

When I first started this blog it was to chronicle my journey as Miss DC USA 2010.  Then some how it felt like wonderful things kept happening to me.  However, most of these things didn't feel planned, and they felt more like happy accidents.

But that was a few years ago, I've learned some things since then.  I've learned that none of these things were accidental, they were rather necessary steps on my journey to my dreams.  And right now my biggest dream is pursuing an MBA. The MBA has become the great white whale in my life.  Beyond any of the typical work that goes towards applying to business school, it is turning out to be an amazing heroes journey of self discovery for me.

...don't start to think this means I've completely hung up my crown, or that this blog will now become a clinical examination in to the mind of a budding business school student.  I still have remnants of that glittery sparkly girl I grew to be on my way to pursuing a crown.

I wear a few less sequins, and my heels are a little lower...but never fear the beauty queen is still here.

This blog is just growing and evolving like I am.  It may take on 15 different incarnations, and maybe I'll go ghost when the CFA Level 1 Test gets closer (more on that later).  For now the aim is to take you on a journey with me.  Through all the essay drafts, outfit selections for potential school interviews, workouts to clear my head, and whatever else I see fit to include.

Shakespeare was right when he said, "all the world's a stage , and all the men and women merely players."  But RuPaul was even more right when she said, "we're all born naked, the rest is merely drag."  So rather than think of Miss USA to MBA as shedding one role for another, look at it as drag...and honey, I'm about to give you all kinds of business realness.

XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment