Friday, September 12, 2014

Don't Step On My Blue Suede Shoes

I'm in the final stages of my MBA journey, and I've put aside a little time recently to talk with women and men in positions I admire, as well as beginning to pursue Pre-MBA internships.

Rather than bore you with all that jazz, I thought would share an outfit I wore recently to an interview.

It's been a while since I did a style post...

Zara's Top, Elizabeth and James Pants, Coach Purse, J. Crew Jewelry and Shoes...and my ever present Nike+ FuelBand.

My meeting was a midday meeting at a coffee shop.  I wanted to not be to formal, but I also wanted to be a little overdressed so the person I was meeting with would know I was taking this moment seriously.  You'd be amazed at how much is projected through clothing...I could write an entire post about the outfits I've worn to recruitment events and fairs, and the feedback I've heard from adcomm members about what they feel my brand is based on what I've worn (Post idea!).

Also the person I was meeting with was creative, so I wanted to use some sort of creative touches to reflect that about myself.

These are all items I've had in my closet for a while but there are links to similar pieces below:
Black Peplum Top
Black Pants
Blue Suede Pumps
Tan Purse
Bib Necklace

I wanted something that utilized my more slimming basics, but had fun in the accessories.  Sometimes you aren't feeling as fit and fabulous and you need an outfit that distracts from the negative self talk and allows you to focus on your inner diva.

One thing I will point out that I should have included were sunglasses, as evident by my squinting.

Hope you all enjoy this post, and let me know if there are any other topics Miss USA or MBA inspired that you'd like to see.

Until next time...
XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment