Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Altuzarra First Run

I finally got around to trying out my first Altuzarra purchase.  If you followed my last post you know that I buy both online and in-store.  The piece I'm highlighting in this post is an in-store purchase I was highly skeptical about when I first saw it.








This dress had absolutely no hanger appeal to me.  But my mother insisted on adding it to the cart Sunday morning when we were in the store.

I had a meeting with my new boss yesterday (more on that later this week...the Pre-MBA internship), and I wanted to make sure I still had a professional and relaxed feel.  I also really didn't feel like getting dressed up.  Comfort is high priority when I'm getting ready for anything, I constantly toe the line between sweatpants and high fashion.

In all honesty I decided to wear this yesterday because it was the first thing in my eye line when I woke up.  I'll admit I was highly surprised by how cute and comfortable this Altuzarra For Target dress was.



I styled it a little more matchy-matchy than I usually go for, but when you own a baby blue blazer, you try to find an excuse to wear it when ever.  The blazer was a find at H&M (another reluctant purchase), and the heels and jewelery are from J. Crew...and some New York street vendor sunglasses, and a blue hobo sac purse from god knows where.

Granted, the dress is two sizes to big (again part of my high/low buy strategy), but my tailor will get a crack at this dress later this week.

Here are some links to similar pieces:
Altuzarra Dress
Blue Blazer
Hobo Bag
Nude Low Heel Sandals
Crystal Drop Art Deco Earrings

Hope you are having an amazing week so far, until next time.

XOXO,
MacKenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment