Sunday, December 6, 2009

From my highest moment...to my lowest point

I had planned today to write a letter about my one week anniversary as Miss DC USA. But there has been something else that took precedent and has changed the nature of this post.

My uncle, Harrison Peoples, passed away early this morning after a long battle with cancer.



I think on this day there is something I've learned. That for every person that has written negative things about me, those that think names and insults make them a stronger person...I've learned that there are worst things in life than insults, and there are greater people out there who love me and envelope me in that love regardless of what petty people say.

Know this...that when I take the stage at Miss USA I'm standing there for a legacy greater than you can imagine. That a lot of divine intervention got me to that stage, and that all the spirits of my loved ones will be with me that night. So hurl all the insults you want, because I know who I am and who loves me.

So on this day, my one week anniversary as Miss DC USA, I promise to honor the legacy of all the ones I've lost and to strive to do my best...and above all show the world the woman I am and the woman that they all helped me to become.

XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment