Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spreading Holiday Cheer

I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to visit the Veteran's Hospital here in DC and hang out with some of the nursing home residence.










I also got to play bingo, and my competitive side came out, but we won $7 dollars as a table :-) so we were high rollers.

I was flattered by the compliments, and when an 86 year old man tells you you're beautiful you have to believe him...because he's old enough to have seen A LOT of women in his time. They gave me amazing advice to carry on and showed me that age really is just a number.

(These are some of the photos thus far...look for updated photos at a later date.)
Update: For those wondering the dress is Jimmy Choo for H&M, the shoes are silver Jimmy Choo sandals, and the earrings are Betsy Johnson.
Also in the photos are members of the US Marine Corps and Miss District of Columbia America and Miss District of Columbia Outstanding Teen.

XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment