Friday, December 4, 2009

Unexpected Pageant Reading List

Many have asked me advice on the interview portion. Honestly, I don't know why or how that's my strongest part, but my parents and teachers have always taught me the importance of reading.
Aside from the vocabulary development, it also gives you more information to utilize when answering questions.
Over the summer Newsweek ran an article about Fifty Books for Our Time. I've been slowly working my way through the list since it was first published. Its actually a pretty spectacular list, and I advise anyone to take a look...you'll be suprised at the topics that will peak your interest.
...I can't wait to read Winchell, because I'm a huge Josephine Baker fan, and for anyone that knows about her, you know what role he played in her fame fading.
But I advise you to take a peak and grab a book, and it may just help you with interview...or at the very least give you some fun topics to bring up in the interview room.

XOXO,
MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment